September 29, 2008
You are invited to ISWC 2008, the major international forum for the Semantic Web. The conference serves introductory tutorials, cutting-edge research presentation, exhibitions of the latest business products, and many social activities. It also offers great social networking opportunities for meeting academic leaders, industrial practitioners, researchers, developers, and students.
==Attending the Conference==
ISWC 2008 will be held in Karlsruhe Germany, October 26-30, 2008.
Please register online by October 9 to save 100 eu and take advantage of special hotel offers which are good if made four weeks in advance.
==Highlights of the Conference Program==
- 11 tutorials on, e.g., Introduction to Semantic Web, Ontology, RDFa, Multimedia, Business Intelligence, Health Care, Applications, Linked Data.
- 13 workshops on, e.g., e-science, reasoning, software engineering, web service, information extraction, scalability, and social network.
- the ISWC doctoral consortium
- 10 keynotes and invited industrial talks
- Multimedia Semantic Web, Ramesh Jain (UCI)
- Freebase: An Open, Writable, John Giannandre (Metaweb Technologies)
- How can the Semantic Web Community be more convincing, Stefan Decker, (DERI Galway, Ireland)
- Semantic Wikis: Fusing the two strands of the Semantic Web, Mark Greaves (Vulcan Inc.)
- Internet of Services, York Sure (SAP Research)
- Semantic Web @ BBN, Mike Dean (BBN)
- Data Intelligence, Evelyne Viegas (Microsoft Research)
- Semantic Web in Asia: Example Use Cases, Tony Lee (SaltLux)
- Making the Web searchable, Peter Mika (Yahoo Inc)
- Semantic Web from an industry perspective, Jürgen Angele (Ontoprise)
- 57 paper presentations, including 14 in Semantic Web in-use track, 87 posters and demonstrations, a panel on OWL2, and lightning talks
- social events , social networking, reception, banquet and dancing.
- co-located events: RR2008 and OWLED2008
The complete conference program is available at this link.