The staff at the conference registration desk is happy to assist you in all matters of registration. The opening hours of the registration desk are as follows:
- Saturday, October 25: 16.00-18.00
- Sunday, October 26: 8.00-18.00
- Monday, October 27: 8.00-18.00
- Tuesday:, October 28: 8.00-20.30
- Wednesday, October 29: 8.00-20.00
- Thursday, October 30: 8.00-18.00
The late registration deadline has passed and prices have reached their final high, namely on-site. As a special service, we do offer you to register from now on online, but to onsite prices. Why would you want to do that:
- If you register up front, you will not have to waste time onsite at the registration desk (for everyone registering until 23.10, we will prepare badges and receipts, after that we will already have your data in the system and can speed up onsite registration)
- Preferred access to rest of tutorial / workshop places: The rest of the tutorial, workshop places will be given based on a first come, first serve basis. By registering online up front, you will have priority over all participants just showing up at the registration desk
- Additional Payment Methods: While we only accept cash / Paypal by credit card / personal check as payment onsite, you can still pay for your onsite registration by bank transfer, if you register online and your money reaches us by 24.10. After that, due to the weekend, we cannot receive payments until the conference is running).
Important notes for people planning to register on location (not online):
- Please note that we can only accept cash, Paypal and personal check as forms of payment when you register at the desk on location.
- If you wish to pay by credit card, this is only possible via Paypal. For that reason you might check ahead, if you have a verified Paypal Account available and linked to your credit card. Not having this might lead to problems due to Paypal limits for unverified accounts. Since verification takes some time, we strongly advise that you register and verify an account now, if you plan to pay onsite by credit card.
- Additional Tutorial and Workshop spaces will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Online “onsite” registrations will have priority.
Late Registration Information
Please note that for all conferences (ISWC, OWL-ED and RR) the late registration deadline is 09.10 23:59 CEST. This will be your last chance to register and avoid the 100 Euro penalty for onsite-registration. So please register quickly, in case you did not already.
Please note that 23:59 CEST equals to 2:59 p.m. PDT, for those registering from America. PDT is basically PST but during summer (Pacific Daylight Time), same goes for CEST and CET.
For the late registration deadline it is really important that you do not exceed your 7 days grace period for bank transfers. If you plan to pay by bank transfer and have to run it through your administration / financial department, you should rather register now and ensure that your money reaches us before 16.10. For every payment that reaches us after 16.10, we will have to charge an extra (difference to on-site registration) onsite.
For those planning to pay by Paypal: If you do not have a validated account yet, it might take some time to create an account, so please also create a Paypal account now to avoid delays.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Karlsruhe!
You can access the registration page here: http://iswc2008.semanticweb.org/registration/.
Regarding payment you have the options of either choosing bank transfer or paypal.
You will get the option to choose how to pay after you click on the register button and your data is stored in our system. At this moment, the registration will be in the system with status “unpaid”.
To prevent circumventing registration deadlines, all unpaid registrations will be deleted after 7 days. We allow the grace period of 7 days to allow bank transfers to reach our bank account. When paying using paypal, the system recognizes your payment as soon as the transaction finishes and sets the status to paid. When paying by bank transfer, we count the transaction as paid, when we have received the money in our account. This is why we allow 7 days for payment, international money transfers can take some time.
Please note that you can only register for a workshop or tutorial when registering to the main conference at the same time.
This registration form is also used for registration to OWL-ED and RR.
Please read and follow the instructions on the registration form regarding the proof of eligibility for reduced registration (student and academic). In case of misuse (e.g. people selecting student registration without providing proof of enrollment) we will have to charge the difference at the registration desk).
See you at ISWC 2008 in Karlsruhe!