Call for Workshop Proposals for ISWC 2008
Co-located workshops at previous ISWC conferences have become an important meeting point for researchers willing to discuss and exchange ideas on topics related to the Semantic Web. ISWC 2008 plans to continue with this tradition and therefore invites proposals for the Workshop Program of ISWC 2008, to be held October 26-30, 2008, in Karlsruhe, Germany. Workshops will be held on 26-27 October.
- Co-located workshops must be on topics that are of interest to ISWC attendees.
- Workshop duration can be half a day or a full day (October 26th and 27th only).
- We strongly advise having more than one organizer, preferably from different institutions, bringing different perspectives to the workshop topic.
- Workshops are intended to be genuine interactive events and not mini-conferences. We welcome workshops with creative structures and organizations that attract various types of contributions and ensure rich interactions.
- The decision on acceptance/rejection of workshop proposals will be made on the basis of overall quality of the proposal as well as how it fits in with the conference.
- The organizers of successful workshops will be responsible for their own reviewing process, publicity (e.g., website), and proceedings. They will be required to closely cooperate with the Workshops Chairs and the ISWC 2008 local organizers to finalize all details mentioned above.
- Workshop attendees must pay the ISWC 2008 workshop registration fee, as well as the conference registration fee.
- Workshop proposals are due March 28, 2008. Proposals should be sent to iswc2008-workshops ‘-at-’ L3S.de ,’-at-’=@.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection will be given by April 17, 2008.
The important dates for accepted workshops will be:
- Workshop cfps out: 2 May
- Submissions (suggested): 25 July
- Acceptances (suggested): 5 Sept
- Camera ready papers: 26 Sept
- Camera ready proceedings: 03 Oct
Submitting a proposal
Workshop proposals should be no more than 3 pages in length, should be in text or PDF format and should contain the following information:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying its goals and motivation.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
- A brief description of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, and general discussion.
- A list of (potential) members of the program committee (at least 50% have to be known and confirmed at the time of the proposal).
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day meeting.
- A description of past versions of the workshop, including URLs as well as submission and acceptance counts.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed organizing committee and short description of their relevant experience.
Please send your proposals by March 28, 2008 and/or inquiries by e-mail to the e-mail iswc2008-workshops ‘-at-’ L3S.de , ‘-at-’=@.
- Melliyal Annamalai, Oracle, USA
- Daniel Olmedilla, L3S & University of Hannover, Germany